PADI SCUBA DIVER: In this class you will be trained to dive on Scuba in open water (The Ocean), You will need to be accompanied by a Certified Divemaster, Assistant Instructor or Open Water Scuba Instructor.
PADI OPEN WATER DIVER: This is the Basic class that trains you to dive on Scuba in open water without direct supervision. You will be trained to dive to a depth no greater then 60 feet in an environment similar to that which you were trained. This class takes 3 to 4 weeks to complete.
PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER: In this class you will make a total of five dives and be trained in advanced diving techniques and dive theory beyond that of the open water diver. You will have the opportunity to make a Deep Dive to a maximum depth of 100fsw and then hone your Navigation skills. You will also have the opportunity to complete three more adventure dives which may include Search & Recovery, U/W Naturalist, Fish ID, U/W Photo, Boat Diver and Night Diving to name a few. This class can be completed in as little as one weekend.
PADI MASTER SCUBA DIVER: This is the highest non-professional rating a recreational scuba diver can achieve. To achieve this rating you will have earned specialty diver ratings in five categories in addition to a rescue diver rating.
PADI DIVEMASTER: The first step on your professional ladder. Among other things, you may:
1. Assist PADI Instructors with students.
2. Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided tours
3. Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers.
4. Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs.
5. Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers.
6. Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences.
7. Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
PADI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR: In addition to all the duties of a PADI Divemaster, you will have an opportunity to take a more active role in the classroom, confined and open water training of student divers.
1.Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
2. Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
3. Teach the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course.
4. Teach the Project AWARE Specialty course.
5. Conduct PADI Discover Scuba experiences.
6. Teach Emergency First Response after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
This rating will help prepare you for the next step, Open Water Scuba Instructor.
Giant Stride to Home